A few days ago, was one year I blogged last. WOW!
There is much going on in the United States now. There is much fighting/arguing/divisiveness which is never a great thing for any of us.
I find that there are people somewhat criticizing others for not doing "anything" or "enough" while there are those at protests every weekend. I have come across people with a myriad of emotions and feeling hopeless.
This entry is for those that wish they could do more and just can't find the time or energy. I want to remind everyone of a few things.
Trauma reaction:
Flight/fight/freeze
Some people are feeling traumatized. In a nation of immigrants there may be triggers from personal experience or even inter-generational l trauma. If you are frozen right now, work on healing yourself first. Please do not let others make you feel bad.
Personality:
Introvert/Extrovert
We all cope differently. Some of us need to cocoon and find our space, others get energy from being among others. Each is OK. Heal thy self.
At this time in history small steps are meaningful and in fact may be the needed mustard seed.
Join in social media and sharing
Donating to ACLU and others
Driving a friend to a march
Cooking a meal for a friend or babysitting so a friend can go to a march
all these things are valuable. Take care of your emotional and physical needs. Understand that you are OK.
Please cocoon if you must. Rest up.
Hope this short note helps you.
No comments:
Post a Comment