I am sure you have heard about comedian and actor Bob Saget and his death to head trauma that no one saw coming, including him. This hits home for me as I was with a person, close to me, that fell , had a laceration a week before the conclusion of Bob Saget's autopsy came out.
My situation was a person falling and having a gash on their head, seemed "ok" and of course there was blood. Fire Rescue was called and they seemed to think "maybe go to Urgent Care or ER for stitches."
No one truly wants to head out to the ER after past experiences of at least a 6-hour wait in the ER and this was before COVID.
So I took said person to Urgent Care, They walked in and seemed fine, got stitches but they recommended at Urgent Care that I drive them or they could call an ambulance and go to the ER for a Cat Scan due to the person's age, just to make sure everything is OK.
Fast forward to Cat Scan and the person had a brain bleed and slight fracture.
I am glad that we all followed medical recommendations. Not having known this information it could have had a very different outcome.
I bring this up because we live in times where people don't listen to professionals and some people would have said, " oh, we will go tomorrow"- tomorrow would have been too late.
Also, we hit our heads, touch it and move on. This may have been what Mr. Saget did. Honestly, I think I would have probably done the same thing. I now look back at all those times I hit my head throughout my life and think, wow, it could have gone so wrong.
And a special shout out to people that ride bikes. WEAR A HELMET! I don't care what kind of bike or where you are riding, WEAR A HELMET!
Thank you for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment