Sunday, January 7, 2024

The Epstein list ....................

 I wrote this elsewhere and wanted to share

In a sexualized society, women’s appearance is held as a commodity. Girls as young as eight begin feeling unhappy with their bodies. Women’s value is their sexuality and appearance. Women, indirectly and at times directly, are taught the value of the male gaze. Boys grow up to be men who use the learned value of women’s attractiveness as a prize or what is culturally called a trophy.
Sex trafficking has been downplayed and minimized since young, attractive women are thought of as entertainment for men, especially wealthy men.
I don’t think the men in Epstein’s list, while they participated in the abuse of women, truly understood or understand their role in sex trafficking. Some may have, but some may not have.
When you go to a strip club, you may be sponsoring sex trafficking, you hire an escort, you may be sponsoring sex trafficking. When you watch porn, you may be sponsoring sex trafficking.

I can imagine people debating the above, so I will dissect it.

Historically, women are raised and trained to be caregivers and to care what others think about them and care about others. Some to this day discuss " women's work," which consists of caring for children, husbands, inlaws and just about everyone. Even in workplaces, who plans the work gatherings, makes coffee, and sets up any kind of "hospitality"- women! But you knew that, right?

Women are expected to look a certain way as their value is in how they look, and thereby they can pair and partner themselves "better" while looking a certain way. Women historically have and do die and suffer to "look good".
Interestingly enough, women are paid less to begin with but are expected to take care of their looks. Scroll social media Reels and Tick Tock, and check out the manicures! The eyelashes! The girdle type apparatus, the shoes. I actually felt hip pain looking at the shoes someone was wearing in a picture. They were sitting down, but I wondered if they could even walk. The platforms alone! But I digress. Girls grow into women insecure about their looks based on observation of the culture we have created. So much time is spent on hair coloring, defrizzing, extending, getting lashes, getting long, bejeweled nails. One video I came across was a person actually demonstrating how to wipe themselves after a bowel movement. I am serious! I guess because when it comes to extra long, bejeweled nails, that is the first question asked.

Now, sex trafficking. How it starts.
So there already is an environment where women are expected to look a certain way, and when they do, they have value.
Men are socialized to be not only with "beautiful" women but many. Like the culture labels them, trophies. The jokes and memes are that when "an average-looking man" is with a "beautiful" woman, he must have money. Whereas "beauty" is the currency for women, hard cash is the currency for men. It's not necessarily easy for men, either, but that's another blog entry. Why do I use so many quotes? Because beauty is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

I have mentioned before elsewhere that everyone wants to be cool and not make negative comments regarding porn or strip clubs; even cisgender, heterosexual couples go to strip clubs.
While I am not generalizing that strip clubs and porn are involved in sex trafficking, there are some that are. Young girls and some young men may be recruited through online games and other online activities. How? There are adults who pretend to be teens, befriend minors and eventually become their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" meet up and eventually may be drugged, and the downward spiral begins. These predators are very good at what they do, and find the space to come into kids' lives. An argument with a parent leads to the predator beginning a narrative of how bad and unloving the parent is, and they, the predator, are the only ones there for them. This predator, after they have ingratiated themselves in the kid's life, may then proceed to have the child/teen work at strip clubs or work as an escort or prostitute and provide them (the predator) with the money earned. Porn also is a large industry these situations may lead to. Production of porn is low cost and online.

Once in that world, the child, teen, and eventual adult are controlled by the predator. Drugs play a role as they are provided drugs for initial control and then as a coping mechanism. Getting out of this is difficult, especially when it is a young victim, because their experiences and knowledge of the world are limited.

So that, in a nutshell, is why I say that if you watch porn, attend strip clubs, gentlemen's clubs, or hire an escort, you may be sponsoring sex trafficking and not knowing it. This may be the case for some on the Epstein list. In their mind, they were "just enjoying the company of women," but it may not have been consensual. What consenting adults do is one thing. Consent is the key. Consent is the key in any relationship. Consent, Consent. Minors can not consent, and women under the control of a trafficker can not consent. Also, remember that when there is a minor and an adult, the adult is responsible. Minors can not seduce adults!

1 comment:

  1. In our life love plays a very specific role, Now you are able to make your love life healthy and it has no space for any type trouble. These all are possible with the help of PEACEFUL HOME SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. you can also contact him on ( peacefulhome1960@zohomail.com ) or WhatsApp on: ( +2348104102662 ) . and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

    ReplyDelete

Early on Thanksgiving month 2025

  Today is November 6th, I am writing this at 4:04 am. Yes, I slept but the time change has messed with my dog's mind, and she needed to...